Fabricator-Welder & Fitter
RDF&P is a fast-paced, team-environment company looking for a confident intermediate to advanced level Fabricator-Welder & Fitter. We are a custom metal fabrication shop that works on anything from structural pedestals for the semiconductor industry to handrails for local colleges. We have three Oregon locations; Forest Grove, North Plains, and Joseph. The Forest Grove plant, where this job is located, focuses on raised floors/pedestals and miscellaneous steel fabrication. Our North Plains plant focuses on structural steel fabrication. The Joseph plant focuses on all our miscellaneous projects. A flexible schedule is a must. Crews will be working various hours depending on workload with possible mandatory overtime when required. Our welding/fabrication interview includes a weld test. Please bring your hood, gloves, slag hammer, pliers, measuring tape and carpenter’s square. OSHA compliant work boots and long sleeves are required.
A generous benefits package is available after 90-day probationary period. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance with 90% paid by the employer and a $25,000 life insurance policy also paid by the company. Aflac is also available to every employee. We offer a 401k Retirement program with employer matching up to 4%. A pre-employment drug screening applies.
- Operating safety equipment and using safe work habits.
- Occasionally operating a forklift truck.
- Welding components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Layout, position, align and secure parts & assemblies according to specifications by using tape measures, straightedges, combination squares, levels, and other various measuring tools
- Perform welding duties which include welding steel components with Dual Shield Flux Core welding equipment as specified by engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions (using aluminum, cast iron, and other alloys negotiable)
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, grinding, or bolting component parts.
- Inspect & correct welds as needed to meet D1.1 and/or product specifications.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functionality; communicate equipment issues in a timely manner to avoid down time.
- Set-up and operate machinery to support the fabrication of structural steel. This would include automated and manual punching, shearing, and drilling.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day a MUST
- Ability to bend over, crawl underneath, crouch beside or climb over work projects.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time during the day
- Setup & Operate hand and powder tools such as magnetic drills, grinders, cutting torches and automated welding tractors as they relate to job needs
Full-time position Monday through Friday, various shifts with potential mandatory overtime.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00-$25.00 per hours
- 401(K) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 10-hour shift
- 8-hour shift