Seasonal Hospitality Positions
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to spend the summer in the remote wilderness of the Wallowas!
The Minam River Lodge is an intimate, off-grid resort located deep in the Eagle Cap Wilderness on a historic property that overlooks the wild and scenic Minam River. Guests enjoy refined wilderness cuisine featuring the bounty of our own garden and local farms and ranches. Lovingly hand-built log cabins and a beautiful modern Lodge provide accommodations for 36 people. A live-in staff provides a luxurious level of service with a cozy family feel. The Lodge has been named by various publications as a premiere backcountry lodge. We pride ourselves on providing a superb guest experience with personable, authentic, and professional service.
The generosity and good nature of our guests make working at the Minam an enjoyable, rewarding experience. Guests hike in or horseback 8.5 miles, or fly a small airplane to our grass airstrip.
Our guest season runs from June 3 - October 9. We are hiring for a variety of hospitality positions as follows:
- Dishwasher/Grounds Crew
- Head Gardener
- Pre-season carpenters and laborers (7 wk work window April/May, see separate post for details)
We are seeking experienced, enthusiastic, service-minded individuals with excellent attention to detail. Friendly, exceptional service, and maintaining an attractive, clean, and orderly environment are essential to the guest experience at the lodge. The ability to work as a team and willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty when necessary makes our Lodge a unique place to visit and work. Be prepared to embrace a wide range of tasks and enjoy the diversity it brings to your summer! While our team is carefully put together to ensure there are enough staff to get the job done. If you've ever said, "That's not my job," then this job probably isn't for you.
Our ideal candidates have:
- Passion for customer service and authentic guest interactions
- Positive attitude, flexibility, an excellent work ethic, and an outgoing personality
- Desire to live and work in a remote wilderness setting, an adventurous and outdoor-loving spirit
- Physical stamina to work long hours
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
The main "perk" of working at the lodge is waking up everyday surrounded by the gorgeous Eagle Cap Wilderness. You'll have ample opportunities to explore it and enjoy the Minam River that runs right through the property. Other perks of working at the lodge are:
- substantial weekly wages + tips
- 5 days PTO with season commitment
- room and board provided at no cost
- use of lodge amenities during off time
- initial flight in/out of lodge provided, opportunities for more flights
The Minam River Lodge is an equal opportunity employer and holds special use permits issued by the Wallowa-Whitman National Forest.