RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT HOME MANAGER/ADMINISTRATOR
POSITION TITLE: ON-CALL CAREGIVER, MED AIDE
REPORTS TO: RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT HOME MANAGER/ADMINISTRATOR
FLSA STATUS: Up to .5 FTE
This position requires the employee to perform the duties of a medication aide or caregiver in all three residential facilities operated by WVCW. They must be trained and able to multitask in all of our locations, be available to provide services and supports which help residents develop appropriate skills to increase or maintain their level of functioning. These services may include: mental health services, rehabilitation services, social services, personal services, medical, dental and other health care services, educational services, financial management support services, legal services, vocational services, transportation, recreational and leisure activities, and other services required to meet resident needs as defined in the guidelines of the Residential Service Plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Follows the standards and procedures for the provision of care and services to residents with mental illness in a mental health licensed adult residential treatment home. This position provides residential care – the provision of room, board, care and services that assist the resident with activities of daily living (ADL’s). This includes 24-hour supervision; being aware of the resident’s general whereabouts; monitoring the activities of the resident while on the premises of the Residential Treatment Home or Facility (RTH or RTF) to ensure their health, safety and welfare.
Examples of Work: ***Illustrative only:. Any single position of a class will not necessarily involve all of the duties listed, and many positions will involve duties that are not listed.
- Reads chart and other client support documents as needed upon reporting to work and to make all appropriate entries during and before the conclusion of the shift.
- Stays awake and alert throughout the shift.
- Assists residents of either gender in personal self-management activities including but not limited to: eating, toileting, bathing, personal hygiene and grooming, cleaning, community access, personal spending, socialization, recreation, skill acquisition and self-expression.
- Transfers residents to and from wheelchairs, beds, chairs, toilets, etc. Using the training and guidelines provided for such activities. Pushing residents in wheelchairs may also be required.
- Administers prescribed medications, following physician’s orders for all medications and/or treatments , and documents using the electronic documentation system according to established procedures.
- Supervises and/or assists in the preparation of meals and assists with the feeding of residents according to menu plans.
- Conducts evacuation/fire drills as assigned.
- Orients, trains and supervises residents to perform properly, safely and independently within the guidelines of the Residential Service Plan.
- Participates in the inventory, ordering and/or purchasing of resident or program supplies, including food or medications as assigned.
- Maintains clean, sanitary and safe conditions, for example: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, window washing, etc. both routinely and as needed. Reports all safety hazards.
- Provides timely and accurate documentation as required by OAR and ORBS policies and procedures.
- Reports any suspected violations, resident rights or abuse of a resident by another resident or staff member according to policies and OAR’s regarding mandatory reporting. Such reporting is required for, but is not limited to, suspected incidents of physical assault, neglect of care, sexual or financial exploitation, which may also include borrowing or removing property from the home.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Follows policies and procedures of ORBS.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Position does not supervise or assign work.
- WRH, PGH, JH, RTH Manager/Administrator supervises the Caregiver/Med Aide
- Some knowledge of counseling techniques, theory and practices supporting mental health consumers preferred.
- The ability to interact and relate to residents, staff, managers and others with respect and dignity.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, comprehend laws, administrative rules, regulations and agency policies, develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers, supervisors and other professionals.
- Ability to effectively utilize electronic documentation systems, email, and other applications related to the position.
- Ability to work with residents experiencing crisis situations.
- Willing to work on-call without any guarantee of hours.
- Willing to work morning shift, evening shift, night shift, and weekends as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Certified Nurses Aide certification, Med Aide certification if applicable or any satisfactory equivalent combination of experience and training which demonstrates the ability to perform the above described duties is preferred.
- Have a valid Oregon driver’s license, and
- Pass criminal history check.
This position requires an individual to be regularly available for on-call and fill in shift coverage at any of the above facilities. . Position requires professional and personal skills to cope with stress associated with work involving a high degree of mental, emotional and physical demands. This position also requires the ability to bend, stoop, push and pull on an ongoing basis. This position may require an individual to lift and transfer residents using a two person lifting technique. This position may involve working overtime, weekends, evening or overnight awake shifts.
Work will generally occur at the Residential Treatment Homes and/or throughout the community.