POSITION SUMMARY: The facilities manager position, under limited supervision, facilitates the maintenance of all companywide sites, buildings, and fleets. Performs related work as assigned or requested using online ticket tracking system. The position plans, budgets and schedules all facility maintenance and modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs.
- Performs routine maintenance on building interior and exterior
- Contacts and schedules vendors and contractors for necessary building repairs and emergencies that are outside the scope of routine maintenance
- Manage a schedule of when vehicle maintenance has been performed and when next service is due
- Manage and perform vacancy maintenance
- Tracking and recording all maintenance performed for each building location
- Manage and maintain a reasonable parts inventory
- Track and manage each building's maintenance budget
- Plan and implement all building upgrades and projects
- Works in a safe manner and recognizes/reports unsafe situations, including active participation in Safety Committee
- Takes appropriate action to ensure safety of themselves and others in buildings
- Decision Making
- Time Management
- Effective communication
- Organization skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Analytical Skills; look at a lot of different information and make decisions based on needs and budget concerns
- Ability to talk to a wide variety of employees, and work with management to make sure the job gets done.
- Being able to clearly explain what needs to be done will be necessary.
- Attention to Detail: Quality control is a large part of a facilities manager's job.
- Making sure cleaning, upkeep and safety standards are maintained, or efficiencies are discovered, is key.
- Leadership Skills: Facilities managers help motivate and coordinate employees to ensure upkeep of facilities
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a flex-time position, and hours of work and days are generally Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. based on work load demand. The weekly cap is 40 hours with approved overtime only. Some weekends or evening hours necessary in emergency situations. No travel is expected for this position outside Wallowa County, Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5 years of relevant building maintenance experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Licensure of some nature is preferred. Electrical, mechanical, plumbing, etc.
- Adept and competent in all maintenance related fields.
AAP/EEO Statement WVCW is EEO
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Wallowa Valley Center for Wellness is an equal opportunity employer.
Position open until filled. Opening Date:11/06/2023
To apply, submit an application online. Be sure to include a resume and cover letter.
Questions? Reach out to our HR Specialist Josey Ross at 541-512-7785 or email Josey.Ross@wvcenterforwellness.org