Are you passionate about the role arts can play in building community? Are you someone who loves words? Are you detail oriented, love people, and like to work with creative folks? Do you want a job that gives you the chance to meet amazing writers, readers, and thinkers from around Wallowa County, the West, and beyond? We might just have the job for you.
Fishtrap is looking for a creative, self-directed, community-centric fundraising professional to join our team as our Development Manager. Remote and/or hybrid candidates are encouraged to apply!
20-25 hours per week; some evenings and weekend event work
$20-23 per hour
Fishtrap offers a flexible work schedule, vacation, sick time, and lots of holidays –including the week between Christmas and New Years Day– and free workshop registrations.
Responsibilities include the coordination and oversight of all individual giving activities:
- Coordinates all development programs including individual giving, Fishtrapper sustaining donor program, planned giving, endowment building, and special events;
- Writes appeal letters, sponsorship engagement letters, acknowledgement letters, and Fishtrapper communications;
- Plans and manages annual fundraising events including Wallowa County local events, donor outreach events, and program-related fundraising efforts;
- Oversees the Fishtrapper sustaining donor program, plans outreach and special events, tracks new members, oversees benefits;
- Coordinates program sponsorships, tracks goals, identifies prospects, reports results;
- Effectively engages and collaborates with outside professional contractors, vendors and volunteers in the execution of the development plan;
- Provides accurate, timely record keeping and reporting related to funders, grants, gifts, and all development activities and event registrations;
- 3+ years nonprofit development and/or customer relationship management experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience (or willingness to learn) with donor tracking software or CRM systems;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Ability to work independently; ability to prioritize, work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of key contacts and stakeholders, notably rural and urban customers;
- Arts nonprofit experience
- Experience working with volunteers
- Familiarity with literary arts, Fishtrap programs, rural communities
- Resident of Wallowa County
Click here to view a full job description. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.