What You Will Do
Wallowa Valley Center for Wellness seeks a highly compassionate, non-judgmental individual who loves making a difference in the lives of those in recovery. In this vital role, you will welcome individuals from all backgrounds to our drop-in center. You will offer hospitality, a calm and non-anxious presence, and companionship to the guests of the Annex Drop-in Center. The skills you will use to create a non-judgmental and encouraging space will vary depending on the needs of the guests walking into our doors, yet will require setting limits, monitoring behaviors, and responding appropriately. You will set the tone of the space by ensuring that everyone feels safe and welcome.
Your Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Affirm the strengths of each guest who walks through the door as pertains to their physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual growth
- Monitor the schedule and sign-sheets for groups and activities, and communicate these services to the guest
- Hold guests accountable to community agreements and the Annex Drop-in Center rules and expectations
- Perform opening and closing duties including cleaning, sanitizing, and setting up the space that follows all health and safety procedures. Encourage guests to share in these tasks as appropriate
- Refer guests to resources to address individual needs such as medical, recovery, counseling, housing, employment, and benefits as necessary
- Assist guests with completing surveys and required forms as needed
- De-escalate conflict and follow outlined procedures in addressing serious incidents
- Invite community partners to share their gifts and talents whenever possible with one another at the Annex Drop-in Center
- Coordinate the schedule, meetings, groups, and other activities across departments using the Annex Drop-in Center
- Complete daily administrative tasks such as welcoming guests in person or on the telephone, making closure announcements, answering inquiries, preparing and serving refreshments, monitoring supplies
- Participate fully in team meetings, training, and one-to-one supervision
- Other duties as assigned
At Wallowa Valley Center for Wellness, a supportive, caring, loved-filled work environment is essential to our mission work. We know this work is challenging at times and extremely rewarding at other times. Due to this, leadership helps you grow in your career and supports you in reaching your full potential. We value life outside of work and family time with progressive benefits and time off. We are here for you so you can be there for the community we serve. Additionally, you will work for an organization that encourages out-of-the-box thinking so we can be innovative in our approach to high-quality mental, behavioral, and developmental disability care.
What We Expect of You
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to help the people we serve live their best lives and bring hope to them every day. Every employee strives to fulfill our mission of empowering individuals to reach their most important goals. The qualified host we are seeking is an individual with the following qualifications:
- A valid driver's license
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- High School Diploma or GED or some college experience
- Some experience working either in a Community Mental Health or Substance Use Disorder program
- Either trained or willing to get trained in First Aid & CPR, Mental Health First Aid, Substance Use Disorder Peer Training
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral formats, including the ability to complete objective, accurate documentation in a timely, consistent manner
- Ability to interact with individuals of various backgrounds, gender and sexual orientations, education levels, and socio-economic status
- Have some computer skills including the ability to use electronic time tracking, and the ability to check email
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, comprehend laws, regulations, and policies, and the ability to follow such laws, regulations, and policies and report when they are being violated
- Have strong organizational, interpersonal, and attention to detail skills
The Annex Drop-in Center is located in a historic building downtown Enterprise. This location offers group meeting spaces, a small kitchen, and a few smaller offices for private counseling sessions. The purpose of this space is to offer a welcoming and recovery-focused space where community members can gather to socialize, access resources, and participate in support groups and wellness activities.
Some of the Vast Rewards for Working Here
As we work to empower individuals to reach their most important goals, we also work to support our team in reaching their full potential both personally and professionally.
- Full support and career resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A supportive, caring atmosphere from leadership and co-workers who value each individual's unique perspective and expertise in providing whole-person care and are encouraged to bring their ideas and solutions to the table so we can act collectively
- Generous, Progressive Benefit Plan - consisting of medical, dental, vision, retirement, life flight membership, life insurance, vacation, and sick leave - with compensation and benefits rated as one of the best for a community mental health program.
- View our full benefits here
For a career where your passion and purpose come together. Join us today.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Wallowa Valley Center for Wellness is an equal opportunity employer.
Position open until filled.
To apply, submit an application online. Be sure to include a resume and cover letter.
Questions? Reach out to